- Message from the Ambassador of Luxembourg
- Luxembourg Citizen Services
- Luxembourg House
- Tourism in Luxembourg
Tokyo > Visa to Luxembourg >
Visa to Luxembourg
- A valid passport with a visa is required for citizens of the following countries: List
- The procedure for a visa application depends on the period and the purpose of the visit.
- Applications must be submitted by the applicant him/herself at least 15 working days before planned departure, but not earlier than three months before planned departure.
- Visa application fee: 60 euro - to be paid at the time of application (only payment in EURO is accepted).
- Please check that you have all documents and make an appointment before coming to the Embassy to submit your application.
- Please note that depending on the type of visa requested further documents might be required.
Documents required for short stay VISA (Schengen Visa)
- All documents should be in English or in French (except for Japanesese docuements)
- Visa Application fee：EU€ 60 as of 01/01/2007 (only payment in EURO is accepted)
- Applicable for Japanese residents only
- 1 completed visa application form
- 1 coloured picture (height 45mm x width 35mm, with a white background, with the head height 3.2 - 3.6cm) *Please bring the picture separately, do not put on the application form.
- a valid passport or a travel permit recognized by the Schengen countries + 1 copy of the first page of the applicant’s passport. The travel document presented must be valid at least three months after the intended date of departure from the Member States in case a single-entry visa is applied for. If a multiple-entry visa is applied for, the travel document must be valid three months after the last intended date of departure
- Proof of a travel medical insurance covering the entire period of the applicant’s intended stay valid throughout the Schengen area. The insurance needs to include repatriation services, emergency medical treatment and hospitalisation. The minimum coverage shall be Euro 30.000
- Written proof relating to the reason for the journey such as:
- official invitation letter for a business trip
- hotel reservation
- certified copy of an accommodation certificate of the reference person in Luxembourg ** (for those who intend to stay at Luxembourg resident's house)
- airplane ticket or reservation
- proof of sufficient means of subsistence (bank statements, cash, credit cards, guaranty letter from the company or organization that pays the travel expense, etc..)
- Japanese resident card (original + 1 copy of front and back pages)
- Guaranty letter in English (letter of employment by employer / enrollment certificate by school in case of student)
**The pledge of financial support (engagement de la prise en charges ) must be notified in advance by the Passports, Visas and Legalizations Office in accordance with Article 4 of the law of 29 August 2008 on the free movement of persons and immigration. The form, once it has been completed and legalized by the guarantor’s municipality of residence, must be sent by ordinary or registered post to the aforementioned department, together with the last three salary slips (or a document certifying monthly income) and a copy of the passport/identity card (and also, where necessary, proof that the guarantor is authorized to reside in the Grand Duchy).
Where to Apply :
Please contact the consular section to make an appointment before applying at
Luxembourg House 1F, 8-9 Yonbancho Chiyoda-Ku
Tel. 03-3265-9621 ext.1
Consular section open hours : Monday - Friday 9:30-12:00, 14:30-17:00
For visa application : Monday to Friday 15:00-16:30
Setting and living in Luxembourg